2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE Preview
The upcoming 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE offers strong engine options, luxurious design and features, and cutting-edge technology that points to the future of semi-autonomous and autonomous driving! Learn more below in Fletcher Jones Motorcars’s 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE preview.
2020 GLE Engines & 0-60 Times
The new 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE lineup will feature robust yet efficient engines that are paired with a 9G-TRONIC® 9-speed automatic transmission.
- GLE 350 and GLE 350 4MATIC® SUVs: These models will be powered by a 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine that outputs 255 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque. The GLE 350 and GLE 350 4MATIC® will have an estimated 0-60 mph acceleration time of 7 seconds.
- GLE 450 4MATIC® SUV: The GLE 450 4MATIC® will come equipped with a 3.0L inline-6 cylinder turbo engine that boasts 367 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque. It’s estimated that this model will accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just 5.5 seconds.
Select 2020 GLE Features
The GLE has always been packed with luxurious interior features, advanced safety features, and innovative infotainment, and the 2020 lineup is no exception! Highlighted features on the new 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE include:
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and 12.3-inch touchscreen multimedia display
- Enhanced navigation with augmented reality technology
- Smartphone integration with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
- Car-to-X Communication
- Easy-Pack Tailgate
- KEYLESS START®
- Active Brake Assist
- ATTENTION ASSIST®
- And more!
The new Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) system, which made its debut on the new 2019 A-Class, will also be available on the 2020 GLE. Thanks to artificial intelligence, this voice-powered infotainment system can learn your preferences over time. Simply say, “Hey Mercedes-Benz,” to activate the voice control feature. MBUX understands conversational language and will know to perform actions such as turning up the heat when the driver says, “I’m cold.”
What 2020 GLE Reviewers Are Saying
From innovative autonomous driving features to secure safety systems, the 2020 GLE SUV is already leaving auto experts impressed.
- U.S. News: “Cutting-edge driver assistance and infotainment technologies point toward the future of semiautonomous – and even autonomous – driving. Familiar systems like adaptive cruise control and navigation have combined, allowing the GLE to become aware of traffic jams before your human eyes can react.”
- Autotrader: “The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class isn’t just another premium midsize SUV/crossover. It’s a gateway to the future of this entire class of vehicle. From the use of ultra high-strength steel in its body shell, to a suspension where each shock absorber has its own electric motor, to a voice-controlled infotainment system that springs into action at the mere mention of a name, this all-new generation of GLE-Class is fascinating.”
Learn More About the Upcoming 2020 GLE at Fletcher Jones Motorcars
For more information on the upcoming 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE or other upcoming models, like the 2020 EQC, contact us at Fletcher Jones Motorcars! If you’re interested in taking the current Mercedes-Benz GLE for a test drive, visit our dealership to explore our inventory of new Mercedes-Benz GLE SUVs. We’re not far from Huntington Beach and Corona Del Mar!
*European model pictured.