What is Mercedes-Benz Car-to-X Communication?
Thanks to the Mercedes-Benz innovative car-to-car communication system, known as Car-to-X Communication, Costa Mesa and Laguna Beach drivers no longer have to be surprised by what lies in the roads ahead. By communicating with other Mercedes-Benz vehicles and traffic structures, you can be alerted to potential issues on the roads around Irvine. Learn more about this Mercedes-Benz technology, and then try it out at Fletcher Jones Motorcars.
How Car-to-X Communication Works
The easy Car-to-X Communication works completely autonomously, which means it doesn’t require input from you or other drivers to work. Giving you information outside of your range of vision, this car-to-car communication system operates in the following ways:
- Information is exchanged between vehicles and traffic infrastructure, like traffic lights, via radios around Huntington Beach.
- Mercedes-Benz vehicles with Car-to-X Communication also send warnings and alerts to other drivers all on their own.
- The vehicle will receive a hazard warning and compare the hazard’s location to that of the vehicle.
- When approaching the hazard, audible and visual alerts are transmitted to the driver, so that they can prepare for the situation or adjust driving patterns.
Car-to-X Communication Information
This advanced car-to-car communication system provides Orange County drivers with a bounty of useful information while navigating the roadways. From saving time to helping prevent accidents, Car-to-X Communication will provide drivers with the following information:
- Notifications of emergency vehicles approaching and from which direction
- Warnings of wrong-way drivers
- Notifications of accidents
- Alerts to locations of heavy traffic congestion
Benefits of a Car-to-Car Communication System
Mercedes-Benz Car-to-X Communication supplies drivers with critical information they would otherwise be lacking during their drive. Having early access to this information means drivers can:
- Be alert to emergency vehicles and pull to the side of the road
- Change course to avoid time lost in traffic jams
- Stay alert to potential causes of accidents
- Make the roads more efficient, as avoiding accidents allows traffic to flow more freely.
In addition to these benefits, Mercedes-Benz is working with other dealers to expand the Car-to-X Communication network for a more connected road system. They are also releasing Drive Kit Plus to integrate the system with the customer’s iPhone.
Learn About More Mercedes-Benz Technologies at Fletcher Jones Motorcars
Mercedes-Benz strives to bring shoppers around Corona Del Mar technology to maximize convenience and boost safety while they’re behind the wheel. Experience more of these technologies, such as PRESAFE® and DISTRONIC® PLUS, at our Newport Beach showroom. Try out these features for yourself when you set up a test drive of a new Mercedes-Benz today!