Learn More About The 2020 GLC SUV Performance
The Mercedes-Benz GLC has been in the market for four years, and is the brand’s most popular SUV model. The strengths of this mid-size model include outstanding driving characteristics both on and off the road, practicality and comfort. Features of the 2020 release now include a new control concept, innovative driving assistance systems and a new range of engines.
A Brand New Engine
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC is powered by a new, more powerful and efficient four-cylinder engine, the previous engine is replaced by the new four-cylinder. The new 2.0-liter inline-4 turbo engine in the GLC 300 and GLC 300 4MATIC® is capable of an output of 255 hp (+14 hp, vs. 241 hp in previous generation) and 273 lb-ft of torque. In combination with the 9G- TRONIC 9-speed automatic transmission, the updated GLC SUV boast an even more dynamic and smooth driving experience.
More Than A Setting
An SUV that lives up to its name, the 2020 GLC is convincing on almost any type of ground and in the most adverse weather conditions. The DYNAMIC SELECT system with expanded functions responds to the individual requests of the driver with regard to the handling and the requirements posed by the particular road conditions. The 4MATIC® all-wheel drive has also been newly developed from the ground up. The three-stage design of ESP® with a wider spread now offers even more dynamics in the “Sport” and “Sport +” drive modes, once again proving the versatility of the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC.
“Safety” is contantly cited as the top characteristic when it comes to the GLC and besides the typical SUV traits, this is due to the intelligent driver assistance systems. The scope and level in the new model have been advanced, thus enhancing driver support with regard to safety and comfort. The available Driver Assistance Package in the GLC includes, for example:
- Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC® with the functions:
- Braking for stationary vehicles
- Expanded automatic restarting in a traffic jam in conjunction with Active Parking Assist and navigation
- Active Steering Assist with the functions:
- Active Emergency Stop Assist – with automatic unlocking and sending of an SOS call to the MB Emergency Call Center after vehicle comes to a stop in the event that the driver is unresponsive while Active Steering Assist is active
- Active Lane Change Assist in conjunction with navigation
- Active Speed Limit Assist with response to change in speed limit in conjunction with Traffic Sign Assist
- Route-Based Speed Adaptation adjusts ahead of bends, roundabouts and toll plazas, as well as before making a turn or exiting a highway; reduction of vehicle speed also for route event “end of traffic jam,” in conjunction with navigation
- Evasive Steering Assist
- Active Lane Keeping Assist
- Active Blind Spot Assist
- Active Brake Assist with Cross-Traffic Function
- PRESAFE® PLUS
Explore the New GLC at Fletcher Jones Motorcars!
To learn more about the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV, contact us at Fletcher Jones Motorcars, or visit us near Irvine and Costa Mesa, in Newport Beach. Browse our wide selection of 2020 GLC inventory and lease specials today.