A Super Bowl How-To Guide
Levi’s Stadium in Santa Rosa, CA is this year’s home of Super Bowl 50! The Carolina Panthers will fight against the Denver Broncos for the prestigious Vince Lombardi Trophy and we can’t wait to see how these two teams duel it out. Every year, the popular sport event attracts millions of viewers who either live for the sport or who may have never seen a football game in their lives. No matter what audience category you fall into, we’ve put together a cheat sheet of basic football terms and entertaining party ideas to ensure an exciting Super Bowl Sunday!
- Down: The offense gets four downs (tries/opportunities) to advance the ball 10 yards. If this fails, the ball is surrendered to the opponent and is usually punted on the fourth down.
- Sack: When a defensive player tackles the quarterback.
- Fumble: The act of losing possession of the ball while running with it or being tackled.
- Interception: A pass that’s caught by a defensive player, ending the offense’s possession of the ball.
- Field Goal: A kick worth three points that only counts if the ball sails above the crossbar and between the goalposts.
Click here for more terms
Fun Games to Play
- Commercial Bingo: This game is a fun way of incorporating all the highly anticipated commercials that make up a huge part of the Super Bowl. Print out blank cards (like this one) and create different versions of each. The first guest to complete a row wins!
- Prop Betting Game: The concept of this game is to place bets on Super Bowl related predictions such as how long the National Anthem will be, which team will score first, if there will be a score within the first 8 minutes of the game, etc. Set a buy in amount and place all bets BEFORE the game. Keep track of all results throughout the game and the guest who tallies up the most predictions wins! Click here for a sample card to use.
Don’t Forget the Food
- Potato Skins are popular bites during the Super Bowl. Try these Chorizo and Cheddar Potato’s shared by Kelly from Just a Taste!
- Nachos are also a popular snack throughout football season, the Super Bowl being no exception! I Wash…You Dry has created a Macho Nachos platter worthy of recreating for your guests, take a look here for all details.
- What’s football without chicken wings? Whether you like them sweet, spicy or a little bit of both, Melissa of Celebrations has shared multiple Chicken Wing recipe’s for you to browse from. Check out all recipe’s here