2018 Mercedes-Benz S 450 Sedan vs. 2017 Lexus LS 460
2018 Mercedes-Benz S 450 Sedanvs. 2017 Lexus LS 460
The 2018 Mercedes-Benz S 450 and 2017 Lexus LS 460 are two heavyweights in the luxury vehicle marketplace. As such, it can be tricky to discern which of the two sets the higher standards for performance, comfort, and luxury. The Lexus LS 460 comes standard with:
- 386-hp 4.6L V8 rated at 367 lb-ft of torque
- 16 mpg city/24 mpg highway rating
- 8-speed automatic transmission
- Optional driver assists
New for 2018, the Mercedes-Benz S 450 features:
- 362-hp 3.0L turbo V6 rated at 369 lb-ft of torque
- 19 mpg city/28 mpg highway rating
- 9-speed automatic transmission
- Standard driver assists like Blind Spot Assist
To make it easier for Laguna Beach car shoppers to choose, we’ve compared the S 450 vs. Ls 460 side-by-side!
Schedule a Test Drive S 450 Lease Specials
|2018 Mercedes-Benz S 450 Sedan
||2017 Lexus LS 460
||Burmester Surround Sound System
||Feature Not Offered
||Blind Spot Monitor
Power & Fuel-Efficiency
As flagship sedans, the new S-Class and LS offer inimitable power and handling without sacrificing fuel economy. So, which one offers more of you’re looking for? Look below to find out!
- Engine & Specs: The S 450 houses a 3.0L turbo V6 rated at 362 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque. Meanwhile, the LS 460 comes with a 4.6L V8 that produces 386 hp and 367 lb-ft of torque.
- Fuel Economy: Despite producing only slightly less horsepower, the S 450 is much more economical, earning a 19 mpg city/28 mpg highway rating.
- Transmission: The LS 460 Sedan’s 8-speed automatic offers smooth, responsive handling, but still offers fewer gear ratios than the S 450 Sedan’s 9G-TRONIC® 9-speed automatic.
Standard Safety Features
The S 450 and LS 460 offer an arsenal of safety features designed to bring Orange County drivers greater peace of mind. Both include an anti-theft alarm system, keyless entry, heated exterior mirrors, a rearview camera, active front headrests, LED taillamps, and rain-sensing wipers. However, safety-conscious car shoppers will notice a broader array of features on the S 450 Sedan vs. Lexus LS 460 Sedan, including:
- Active LED headlamps
- Blind Spot Assist
- Lane Keeping Assist
- Active Brake Assist
- Optional Night View Assist® PLUS
- Optional MAGIC VISION CONTROL® with heated wiper blades
You’ll find features for days inside the Mercedes-Benz S 450 and Lexus LS 460, such as a 12.3-inch display with navigation, Bluetooth®* connectivity, a multi-function steering wheel, key fob system, and voice control. True to form, however, the Mercedes-Benz S 450 takes drivers to new heights with features not available on the Lexus LS 460. As a member of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class, the S 450 comes equipped with these standard features:
- 13-speaker, 590-watt Burmester® sound system
- 10GB music register
- Near-Field Communication
- Tuneln® radio
- Power sunshade
See the New S 450 Sedan Near Huntington Beach!
From its robust chrome grille, to its all-LED exterior lighting, to its handcrafted cabin, the 2018 Mercedes-Benz S 450 exudes a superior sense of the upper-class. To learn more about this remarkable sedan and how it compares to other competitors, contact us at Fletcher Jones Motorcars Newport Beach near Costa Mesa and Irvine.