Mercedes-Benz AMG® Brakes: What's the Difference?
Mercedes-Benz AMG® Brakes: What’s the Difference?
Mercedes-Benz AMG® vehicles are some of the most powerful vehicles on the market, and to match this exceptional power with responsive braking, they’re equipped with Mercedes-Benz AMG® brakes. These specialized, motorsports-inspired brakes include parts exclusively designed for fast and effective stopping, from the AMG® brake calipers to perforated rotors. And, whether you need a brake replacement near Costa Mesa or brake service near Irvine, Fletcher Jones Motorcars can provide the expert attention that Mercedes-Benz AMG® brakes require. Learn more about these specialized brake features below!
Mercedes-Benz AMG® Brake Types & Features
There are three Mercedes-Benz AMG® brake systems available, all with their own features and capabilities for increased stopping power. These include:
- AMG® High-Performance Braking System- Offers perforated rotors and rear rotors boasting silver-painted fixed calipers.
- AMG® High-Performance Composite Braking System- Find slotted, ventilated, and perforated composite rotors in the front and rear. These deliver better cooling and decrease fade.
- AMG® High-Performance Compound Braking System- Includes two-piece carbon and ceramic compound rotors that are lighter than traditional rotors.
Mercedes-Benz AMG® Brakes Difference
What sets Mercedes-Benz AMG® brakes apart from others on the market? These brakes are designed for maximum performance, just like everything else in the AMG® lineup. These brakes provide:
- Minimal fading as they’re designed to disperse heat
- Less frequent rotor replacement
- Reduced need for pedal pressure to activate
- Some Mercedes-Benz AMG® brake systems are 40% lighter than standard brakes
Why Use OEM Parts for Brake Service Near Irvine?
Your Mercedes-Benz AMG® brakes are comprised of specially-designed AMG® brake calipers, discs, lines, rotors, and pads. The Mercedes-AMG® brand delivers nothing short of race-ready technology complemented by powerful, fast-decelerating brake systems. For this reason, it’s crucial that you keep your Mercedes-AMG® vehicle’s potential alive with factory-issued, certified parts. Compared to aftermarket parts, OEM parts offer:
- Ideal fit for your vehicle
- Maintain the performance of your vehicle
- Uphold your vehicle warranty
- Come backed by a parts warranty
At Fletcher Jones Motorcars, we only use genuine OEM parts, from AMG® brake calipers to larger parts. No matter whether you want to perform your own brake service near Irvine, or you want to turn your vehicle over to the Master Technicians at our service center, you’ll be able to find the genuine parts you need at our parts center.
Pick-Up & Delivery Service
Do you need a full brake replacement near Corona Del Mar? You’ll find it convenient to schedule service at Fletcher Jones Motorcars, especially with our service pick-up and delivery service. Book your service appointment, and then let us know where to pick up your vehicle. Once services have been handled, we’ll contact you and return your vehicle to your driveway in Huntington Beach or our office in Laguna Beach.
Schedule Your Appointment in Newport Beach!
Whether you need a Mercedes-Benz AMG® brake component inspection or a brake replacement near Orange County, you can find the service and parts you need at Fletcher Jones Motorcars. Schedule your appointment today!