What is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
What is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive? Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive is the luxury car brand’s unique AWD system. This all-wheel drive system increases traction and handling on Orange County roads, even during inclement weather. This drivetrain is available on many Mercedes-Benz models, including the C-Class and GLE. Learn more about Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® below!
How Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Works
Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® performs in several ways to enhance performance. For one, the 4MATIC® system expands the power distribution from the front or rear wheels to all four wheels, resulting in maximum force from your vehicle. This improves braking, acceleration, and steering. When you turn a corner, your vehicle’s outside wheels move a further distance than the inside wheels. To enhance your driving experience when turning, the AWD system also monitors wheel spin.
What’s more, 4MATIC® monitors road conditions and adjusts the engine output and brakes accordingly by working with an electronic traction system. This helps increase handling on the road, even when your travels present you with sudden rain or slippery streets. When needed, the AWD system can send different amounts of torque to individual wheels to deliver optimal handling from your Mercedes-Benz.
Different Types of 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive
- 4MATIC® Variable All-Wheel Drive- This system can quickly change from purely front-wheel drive to a 50:50 front-rear split to help manage harsh road conditions. Along with keeping you safe, this feature helps increase fuel economy.
- 4MATIC® Permanent All-Wheel Drive- This system is always engaged, unlike its variable counterpart. The result is a noticeable improvement in performance thanks to the fixed torque split which allows power to continuously be sent to all four wheels.
- 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive- 4MATIC® takes things further by calculating the ideal torque distribution. This creates a seamless transition from all-wheel drive to 100% rear-wheel drive.
Mercedes-Benz Models With Available 4MATIC® AWD
Many different Mercedes-Benz vehicles can be equipped with 4MATIC® AWD. Laguna Beach drivers can enjoy increased handling and traction when driving any of the following 4MATIC®-compatible Mercedes-Benz models:
- Mercedes-Benz GLA
- Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV and Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV
- Mercedes-Benz G-Class
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Mercedes-Benz CLA Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz CLS Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe, Sedan, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe and Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz AMG® GT 4-Door
Explore Our Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Vehicles at Fletcher Jones Motorcars
Want to experience the exciting performance that 4MATIC® offers? Contact us to schedule a test drive or visit us at Fletcher Jones Motorcars near Irvine to browse our inventory of new and used vehicles with 4MATIC® today!