How to Use Mercedes-Benz G-Class Differential Lock
How do you use the Mercedes-Benz G-class differential locks? The Mercedes-Benz G-Class contains three locking differentials, standard on every G-Class. This is to make sure the vehicle can get itself unstuck in situations where only one wheel is receiving traction. Keep reading or watch the video below to learn more about your Mercedes-Benz G-Class!
Before getting started, one important rule is to make sure the locking differentials are never used on paved surfaces!
- To engage the locking differentials, put the G-Class in neutral
- Select the low range button in the center console
- Press the number 1 button and you will receive a message saying differential lock preselected
- If the wheels are still spinning and not making traction, put the vehicle back in neutral and press the number 2 button
- If you are in an extreme situations and still not receiving traction, press the number 3 button to get unstuck
Visit Fletcher Jones Motorcars
At Fletcher Jones Motorcars, we are here to help! For additional assistance, call (949) 718-3000 or come visit us in store.