Drop Off Points
After you take delivery of your vehicle, visit the E.H. Harms forwarding agent (a five-minute drive from the Delivery Center in Sindelfingen) to confirm home shipment arrangements. Choose from numerous drop-off locations throughout Europe at no extra charge or, for an additional charge, several locations in Italy. When you conclude your driving tour of Europe, simply leave your vehicle at the drop-off point for shipment to the U.S.
Shipping Your Mercedes-Benz Home
When you schedule your European excursion, you and your Mercedes-Benz Representative will arrange for delivery of your vehicle to the U.S. Through our Home Shipment Process, we ship, customs-clear, and deliver your new Mercedes-Benz to the Mercedes-Benz Dealer of your choice. Your vehicle will arrive at the east-coast port of Baltimore, MD or Jacksonville, FL in approximately six to eight weeks. Shipment to the west-coast port of Los Angeles takes approximately eight to 10 weeks.
- Acceptance and inspection of vehicle by E.H. Harms or its authorized agent in Europe
- Conveyance from E.H. Harms European drop-off point to port of shipment
- Booking and shipping reservations on roll-on/roll-off vessels
- Marine insurance*
- European port, wharfage and handling charges
- Issuance and dispatch of shipping documentation
- Ocean freight to U.S. Port of Entry
- Clearance with U.S. Customs and Department of Agriculture
- Vehicle Preparation Center (VPC) inspection, processing, and damage repair
- Transportation to your Mercedes-Benz Dealer
If you choose the Black Forest-Alps Rally Package, leave your vehicle at Munich's Hotel Bayerischer Hof and turn in your keys and documents at the reception desk. Advise E.H. Harms, the shipping representative (Telephone: 089-3261011-12), that the vehicle is ready for shipping. (The Standard Package does not include drop-off at the Hotel Bayerischer Hof. If you choose to drop off your vehicle in Munich, take it directly to the E.H. Harms office.)
If you wish to see more of Europe with your new Mercedes-Benz after your package tour ends, please arrange in advance to leave your vehicle at one of our drop-off points.*For accessories purchased in Germany: Marine insurance covers only the equipment listed on the Confirmation of Order/Invoice. Neither the shipping nor U.S. Customs allows other items in the car.